Sunday 8 April 2012

That's township love for you ...!

I am a so-called whitey in a so-called coloured township / village and, wow ... do I love it here.

I hate cooking and my neighbours know this. They also know that I sometimes have no time to cook (apart from hating it in the first place.) They also know that I have been away and have a lot of work to catch up on.

Knock knock on my door this morning. There stood my darling neighbour with a covered plate in her hands. "Ek wiet Ant' Madeleine is te biesig om te kook. Ek het lekka curry gemaak en gedog ek bring 'n bietjie vir Ant' Madeleine ..."

Lovely West Coast Lamb Curry with Potatoes!

I had indeed not bothered about food much over this week-end and had grabbed a roll with cold meat or a piece of toast when I felt hungry and had a moment to extract myself from the seat in front of the computer.

This plate of curry was like manna from heaven.

Caring and sharing is what township life is all about ... AND I LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment