Thursday 5 April 2012

I hate hypocrites. I hate myself ...

I hate hypocrites, but cannot reconcile that fact with the simple logic that I must therefore hate myself. I am just confused ...

I cannot hurt a bee or a fly. I'd rather shoo it outside than simply kill it. That action of killing anything, I abhor. Yet, I have an automatic spray in my kitchen that does the job.

I simply adore the little white new born lambs I see on a farm I pass close by on my way to the supermarket to buy braai chops. I hate myself in that moment when I see them there - being fed up nicely so that I can enjoy them a few weeks later...

I speak sternly to my son when he tells of his next hunting trip and remind him that I did not bring him up like that. Yet I am the first one to sneak into his garage to see whether the biltong has dried yet so that I can sink my eye-teeth into a nice "rugstring."

I HATE myself for this and have made a resolution ...

TOMORROW I WILL STOP EATING ANY MEAT. I will stick to that resolution and repeat it hour by hour in my mind.

Yep, I will do that ...

No comments:

Post a Comment