Saturday 7 April 2012

Now that I am sixty ...

I am sixty and I have just realized that every stage in life prepares you for the next. In my case, the next stage must inevitably be clocking out. After all, people my age are classified as "elderly."

That explains why I find myself so unhappy about everything I see and hear every day: Zuma's issues; Malema's  problems; the plight of the poor that hits me straight in the face when I walk out of my door; the financial crisis we will all face pretty soon with the costs of everything escalating; the killings we hear about every day; the orangutangs and the rhinos; all the international political crises and my total inability to make any difference to it all in a significant way.

I often wish I could have lived in a happier world and, perhaps, at this age, a preponderance on problems rather than a focus on the more positive things, is what prepares us all to leave this world willingly when the time does come.






No comments:

Post a Comment